HAVING FUN WITH ART!
AGES 6-12 Florida Certified Math Teacher Available For:
* HOMEWORK HELP
* TEST PREPPARATION
* STANDARDIZED TEST PREPARATION
* FUNDAMENTAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT
NOW LOCATED AT BRUSH STROKES AND MORE
$40 minutes for 50 minute session
MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY FROM 3 PM TO 7 PM
WEEKENDS BY APPOINTMENT
CONTACT MRS. DONOHUE AT HER EMAIL FOR SCHEDULING:
Mrs. Colleen Donohue is available for math tutoring of students in grades 4 through 11 including subjects such as statistics, calculus, and physics. She will tutor in person* at Brush Strokes and More most weekday afternoons and weekends.
Colleen Donohue received her Florida state teacher certification for 6-12 mathematics in February of this year. She completed the Educator Preparation program at Palm Beach State College in December of 2019 and completed her student teaching at The Conservatory School in North Palm Beach. She has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering and work experience in engineering and software development.
During her semester in middle school math classrooms, Mrs. Colleen learned that almost all the students can understand the math. However, many students struggle and do not do well on tests because of they lack fundamental competencies such as memorized multiplication tables or understanding of negative numbers. Also, struggling students often lack basic skills such as reading word problems with intent to solve a math problem and writing neatly to be able follow their own work! In addition to assisting students with homework and test preparation, Mrs. Colleen will develop fundamental skills such as memorizing needed fundamentals, reading word problems with intent, writing neatly, showing and checking work, time management, and guessing strategies.
Please contact Mrs. Colleen at DonohueMathTutor@yahoo.com.
Rate is $40 per 50 minutes session.
* For the safety of the tutor and student
· Neither tutor nor student will personally meet if feeling ill.
· Physical distancing of 6 feet will be maintained.
· Student and teacher will wear masks while not seated or 6 feet distanced.
· Most instruction will be done on wall mounted white boards.
· A camera and projector will be used to display student assignments, materials and work.
· Surfaces will be wiped down between students.